When: Aug 2013
Who: Mr & Mrs Wanderlust, Karel, Chard, Ryan & Lei
What: Explore Macau & Mission Bungee Jump at Macau Tower!
By Air: The easiest, but a bit expensive option is by airplane. Direct flights are available from NAIA Manila Airport (MNL) & even Clark Airport (CLK) check your local air carrier for details. / For the luxurious, rich, & elite, you can also fly in style to Macau in a few minutes by helicopter from Hong Kong terminal
By Ferry: From Hong Kong there is an available ferry to Macau that is directly accessible by MTR train. If we recall correctly there is a train station connecting to the HK-Macau ferry terminal where there are several ferry liners, and we boarded Turbojet (economy class for $150 HKD each).
*Protip: You may come accross scalpers offering the latest boarding ticket to Macau in the ferry terminal, but try to avoid them as they may give you scam/ fake tickets, and try to buy only at the official ticketing booths.
Macau is a very developed city and being like the Las Vegas of Asia because of its bustling buildings that has casinos on every corner, from the ultra luxurious to the budget conscious there are many places to choose from.
Mr & Mrs Wanderlust's Reviews:
Regency Hotel Macau
> Has nice, cozy comfortable, classic (old) but well maintained rooms which are also not so expensive.
> Service and staff are all right and helpful.
> Free buffet breakfast is pretty good and has good selection.
> A bit far away from the places to go in the city, and would need a 10-15 minute bus ride
Price: $$$ 5-8,000PHP for 2
Service: 4 star
Facilities & Amenities: 4 star - Rooms are older/classic but cozy and well maintained so its all good.
Restaurant (foods): 4 star - Has good continental buffet breakfast, nothing special though.
Bar: 3.5 star - Bar is in the corner and not so appealing, would consider drinking somewhere out instead.
Overall: 3.9 /5
1. Casino Hopping- Macau is like the Las Vegas of Asia, so if you are not a fan of gambling, just at least try to go to casinos.(free drinks, coffee, beer, etc. depending on how big casino is) And as said earlier being Asia's Vegas, there are also lots of girls available if you know where to look *cough* Lisboa *cough*
2. Venetian Macau - It is a huge casino / shopping mall complex that is Venice inspired, that has indoor river with sailing gondolas.
3. Go to St. Domingo's Church & and walk around the plaza around it.
4. Visit Ruins of St. Paul's Cathedral which is a historical and nice architectural site
5. Food trip. (try a Macanese dish at least once!)
6. Go Bungee jumping at Macau Tower - For the ultimate thrill seekers out there. There are also other activities at the tower.
Bonus: Mr & Mrs Wanderlust's Official Bungee Jump Video
Months before the planned travel to HK & Macau, we have stumbled upon youtube videos of the highest commercial bungee jump in the world, which was located in Macau tower. And decided to get ourselves booked for a jump. Then come that day in Macau, we realized what we were in for. Bucket list checked! The feeling cannot be replaced by any mechanical ride, it is like free fall, just like one jumping off a building. Here, have a watch! If you like to watch more VIDEOS, you can go to our Sights & Sounds Page. Thanks!
Best Viewed on Desktop or Laptop
Follow us on IG: